Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince

I was really excited. I mean, really really excited. With a capital E-X-C-I-T-E-D. In other words, I was excited.

Why? Because Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince was releasing over the weekend. And I'm a great fan of Harry Potter. So I got a ticket and waited with bated breath and a tub of chilli popcorn and some coke and a cup of cappuccino and fries and a burger for the movie to begin.

Ten minutes later, I had finished all my food and was itching for the movie to end. Never in my life have I seen a worse movie. The characters were least interested in acting, the story line was skewed, all unimportant things were highlighted as the main story while the main story was nowhere to be seen. A lot of scenes were shown as they never happened in the book and the end result was a pain in the butt.

I may not be the gourmet connoiseur of movies but I can spot (or rather feel) a pain in the butt when I come across it. And this movie was definitely it.

At the end of those agonizing hours, all I could remember was how good the popcorn tasted and how refreshed I was feeling after a much needed sleep in the AC.

No comments: