Monday, May 25, 2009

Soaked

My raincoats never lasted beyond a month. Its surprising how quickly I can manage to tear up holes in the most difficult of places. Some say its a knack. Me, I say its, well, me. My exasperated mom managed to get me through school without me getting drenched but when it was time for college, she gave up. My uncle got this bright idea to make me act like a responsible adult and bought me a shiny red umberella for my 16th birthday.

I was excited. Not only was it my favourite color, but it was dotted with beautiful yellow flowers and was the epitome of cheerfulness itself. I loved it.

However, it didn't quite solve the problem of preventing me from getting drenched. For one, I could never for the life of me remember to carry it until it was forced into my hands. Two, whenever I did manage to remember to carry it, it never rained. Three, I left it lying around half the time, making my friends about as exasperated as my mom. Oh, Well. Time to hire a nanny.

No comments: