Saturday, May 30, 2009

Airlift

I worried myself sick. I had to get to the airport and hadn't a clue as to how to do it in the cheapest possible way without too many hassles. I then decided upon taking a shared cab. Unfortunately, I had to drag all of my luggage for a full 10 minutes to get to my pick up point. At 1:45PM with the sun blistering down on me, my brains had all but evaporated and so had my patience.

I heaved a sigh of relief when I sat in the A/c comfort of the cab at 2. I assumed we would be taking the shortest possible route but the driver had a mind of his own. He went all the way to Kormangala for the last pick up and then all over MG Road and my other shopping destinations. By this time I was seriously wondering if I had flagged down the right cab, but then I espied a signboard indicating airport at another 33kms and settled down to enjoy the journey.

I plugged in my ipod and was enjoying myself immensely. Other than roaming all over Bangalore, everything else was perfect. Until it started raining.

It poured like there was no tomorrow. I got a little drenched in the little time I was out in it, running from the cab to the airport building. Yeah, but I did make it in time. Not a bad option for my next travel.

No comments: