Friday, May 1, 2009

Purple Haze

Its infuriating when you long to go to a nice disco and they ban all forms of dancing. Worse still, there's no decent place that plays your kind of music. Never mind if your tastes are out of this world, we shan't let minor points like that ruin a perfectly good whining session. Little wonder that I just didn't feel like going to a disc for the last three years. Till now that is.

I met an old friend and we both decided to go out for dinner. He picked a place close to my house that I didn't even know existed - and it was this smashing pub Purple Haze! This was a branch fo the same chain that's in the city and I was thrilled to bits. They play hard rock here and ever since smoking has been banned in public places, these pubs and discs have become altogether more attractive to me.

So we hung out at this huge lounge bar and he sipped whiskey while I wolfed down huge slices of sandwich. And all the while we had Metallica, Hoobastank, Pink Floyd in the background. Bliss, what?

No comments: