Thursday, April 1, 2010

Left, Right, Wrong

I left right on time. Then turned left at the intersection, looked right and left, and walked right into the right shop. I had a big agenda today. I had to right a few wrongs.

I walked up to the counter grimly and pointed to the object of my interest.

"This one Madam, right?"
"No, the one on the right"
"Right? Ah, right. Well, here you are"
"No, the other right"
"Ah, you mean left"
"Right"
"Right"
"Yes, that's the only one left"
"Rather. This is the one you were alluding to?"
"Right"
"Right"
"Right"
"Right"

After this intellectually stimulating conversation, I left with the right thing. Or so I thought. When I reached home, I realised I had left it wrongly right where it should not have been left.

Don't blame me. English is a funny language.

No comments: