Sunday, April 25, 2010

10 K

I did it again.

While the world slept peacefully, earning a well deserved rest after two days of hard partying, I was busy brushing my teeth with half an eye open at 5AM on Sunday. I had decided to run and when I do decide to do something, its rather difficult to dissuade me. Even if it means neglecting my precious beauty sleep.

At 5.45, I was ready to tackle the world. A bunch of us were practicing for the marathon and I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it. We reached Cubbon Park around 6:30 and after another few minutes of waiting for others to join in, we started off at a brisk pace.

It was amazing. The park was gorgeously green and cool and last night's rain had added to the overall beauty of the place. Here and there the road was dotted with the serious joggers, the mild joggers, babies in prams with plump mothers cooing over them, big men with ponderous moustaches and even more ponderous gait, young children playing badminton, dogs barking at other dogs, dogs barking at people and the five of us weaving through without breaking step.

I looked around me with interest and excitement, never realising that an early morning could be so vibrant if only you were awake to see it.

I finished a straight jog with 7 km and the remaining 3 km walking.

No comments: