Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bite it!

I was excited. It had poured buckets last night and I knew this morning would be simply amazing. It was. The air smelt fresh and sweet, the temperature was great, the breeze blew tiny little flower-petals around playfully and I smiled to myself. Yesterday's pissy mood had long gone. And the good mood had come back with a vengeance!

We left promptly at 6 and reached Cubbon Park around 6:30. Ten minutes of stretching and warmups later we started our weekly jog. I was thoroughly enjoying myself and keeping a keen eye open for Mr. Super-Hot in case I ran into him again (that's another story for another day folks). I was into my 5th kilometer when suddenly my forehead exploded in pain and I stopped dead in my tracks.

Waitaminit, I am not Harry Potter. Then why is my head hurting?
I didn't run into anything. Then why is my head hurting?
No one else stopped running, its only me. Then why is my head hurting?

While I was trying to figure out what was going on, I brushed my forehead vigorously and pulled out a bee from it. The bee seemed to think that expression "bee in your bonnet" should be taken literally to get with the times.

As I stared appalled at the mess in my hands, it occurred to me that the bee sting definitely proved one thing - I was SWEET!

I grinned wickedly at the now dead bee, wiped my forehead thoroughly and resumed my jog.

No comments: