Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Silver Slippers

Am I blessed or am I blessed! If you are still confused then - well, I am blessed. I am really in no mood to sit around explaining simple English to every nincompoop that cares to read this blog. I have better things to do. Like finishing this one to begin with.

So where was I? Ah, yes. Busy being blessed.

So here I was, well, like I said, blessed. Not only I had 26 pairs of shoes, my collection just got richer by something I had been looking for all my life. A pair of gorgeous silver slippers.

I had always been a Cinderella fan since childhood and dreamt of owning one of those glass slippers but as I grew up (vertically and, erm, horizontally), it began to slowly dawn on me that it would be extremely precarious balancing my considerable proportions delicately on a 5-inch glass heel.

So I did what anyone in my position would have done - I gave up on the glass slippers with the high heels and settled for something a tad less jazzy - like flat soled shimmering silver slippers. For the last 5 years I have been hunting in every shop in every city I travel to in the hope of realising my dreams but it is very difficult to please a perfectionist. Nevertheless, the optimism in me never diminished.

My best pal had gone abroad on business and she called me long distance one day. "Guess what I got for you!" she exclaimed excitedly.

"Diamonds?"

"Too expensive"

"Clothes?"

"Your size? Are you kidding?"

"Watches, belts, clips, pens, purses?"

"Yawn, add tomatoes and potatoes to this list too"

"Wait, don't tell me its a drop dead gorgeous hunk?!"

"Wake up, its midnight here, not there"

"Well then I give up. Surprise me someday."

She did. She got back the following weekend and presented me with a daring pair of seductively red sandals and a dazzling pair of my dream silver slippers.

1 comment: