Wednesday, March 26, 2008

In search of the perfect purse

In school, we had these huge school bags that could carry books, tiffin boxes, poster colours, GI Joe and the crafts assignment. In college it was the same thing, but packed more compactly in smaller, more stylish bags. Till I discovered that its not safe keeping money, pens, lipsticks, moisturisers, ID card and the Maths question paper in the bag - they invariably get snitched.

Without missing a beat, I devised the perfect solution to my problem - I simply crammed the aforementioned list into the pockets of my jeans. It worked admirably except for one thing - I looked more like a pack mule going over the high Sierras than a dainty little goddess (which, if you are in college, is what every girl wants to look like).

No. That really wouldn't do. I pondered over my predicament for a while and came up with the solution that prehistoric women had conjured up millions of years ago - I had to get myself a little purse.

The purse had to be just the right size. Not too big, you know, but then it should be able to carry all the essentials too. And it had to be a side sling one with a long jewelled strap. Made of soft waterproof leather. Oh, and beige. I hate black. The clasps should be magnetic and embellished with a little touch of the azure shimmer.

I am still looking for the purse. I graduated from college 10 years ago.

No comments: