Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shady Shades

So, remember how the monkeys snatched my fancy glares? I went for 2 months without any. Then I decided that I had to get my lazy butt off the couch and do some legwork. I called up my old faithful shop.

Just my luck - the technician who had made my eyeglasses (and that's another long story for another day) had quit and opened a business of his own. I decided to go to him directly and get my new shades made.

I had a hard time finding his shop and an even harder time finding something that would suit my face. All those fancy shmancy glasses made me look like batman. After an hour of scouring the shop (and I can recollect with distinct clarity the sigh of relief) I found one that didn't make me look like an alien. Quick orders were placed and I waited impatiently over the next few days to get my brand new glasses.

He got it all wrong. I couldn't see a thing. The power was wrong, the fitting was wrong, there was a chip in a lens, just about everything was off. I was pissed. He gave me a fancy story about curvature and I then selected a pair of nerdy looking frames and asked him to redo the whole thing at no extra cost.

He agreed and within 2 days, delivered the new shades to my house.

They work.

I am protected from the sunlight.

I also look like an alien.

No comments: