Sunday, September 27, 2009

Strange phenomena

Yesterday, when I had gone to the terrace to stroll in the cool breeze, there was neither coolness or any good breeze blowing. However, there was something I am not likely to forget for quite some time.

Millions and millions and zillions of crows.

I shook my head, polished my glasses, blinked my eyes and looked again.

Yep. Millions and millions and zillions of crows. Big, black and purposeful crows. Low flying, high flying and seated crows. Cawing, quiet and fighting crows. As far as the eye could see the sky was just buzzing with crows.

I tried to find some pattern to this horror scene, but there was none. The crows were flying all over buildings, in all the areas as far as the eye could see. This couldn't be good, I thought. What if they have sensed some natural disaster waiting to happen and are agitated? What if there's going to be lightning striking down on the earth? Or maybe an earthquake? Or perhaps an unseasonal downpour? What if there's a huge storm?

I shuddered and tried to get those nasty images out of my mind. One thing I agreed was true and that was these crows looked agitated. This was no wassup-dude-long-time-no-see flying match. This was an out and out oh-my-god flying style.

I kept observing the crows for about an hour and watching out for any change in signs. I was still troubled at this inexplicable phenomenon. Then suddenly, all the crows disappeared.

My cellphone chimed. It was my friend from a different country.
"Yeah?"
"Hey, you won't believe what I saw today"
"You won't believe what I saw today" I replied thinking I had a much better story to tell. "You go first though. Wassup?"
"There were a million crows flying about an hour ago....."


I gave up. There were somethings the mind shouldn't even attempt explaining.

No comments: