Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nine Yards of Trouble

So you think wearing a sari comes naturally to women? Hah! Not on your life. When 'normal' things are applied in my context, they cease to be normal anymore. The laws of physics can hold good only so much after all.

I had to attend my best friend's engagement and turn up in a sari. The mere thought of it gave me sleepless nights for a month. When the E-day finally arrived, I was probably more nervous than the bride-to-be. The parlour lady had to tie and retie my sari twice because I wouldn't stand still. Then she poked me with a million pins to keep my sari in place. All this time, I was undergoing torture with a big smile pasted on my face. At least my friend was going to go through worse, I thought sadistically when I saw her making faces in the mirror.

There, so now I was all decked up. But don't ask me to move!

No comments: