Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Diwali Dhamakas

Most persons have a different kind of Dhamaka in mind when they talk of Diwali. It has more to do with the crackers and candles and the umpteen different types of noise producing fireworks than anything else.

But me, being a tad different from all and sundry and with an IQ of above average as recently determined (I was pissed I wasn't a genius, I'm sure that dumb test was all conked out), I tend to associate the word Dhamaka with something a little more explosive.

So here I am, back at home, gorging on mouth watering delicacies - the gujjias, the peanut pattis, the laddoos, the barfis, not to mention the vada-pav, bhel, pulao, chole and other such rich dishes designed to appease the strictest of palates. I eat as if my life depends on it. Is it a wonder that post Diwali my weight increases in multiples of 100? That's some Dhamaka!

Happy Diwali!

And yeah, I'm going on a diet. Again.

No comments: