Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Shades

Yeah, again.

For some reason that I can't even begin to fathom, the trickiest task for me is being able to keep a pair of sunglasses safe and sound while using them to the fullest.

First it was those blasted monkeys that grabbed my sunglasses. Then it was those blasted evolved monkeys, or man, as they are commonly known, who grabbed my sunglasses. Oh, but I haven't told you about that now, have I?

Whilst vacationing in Gangtok, I took my sunglasses from my bag and kept them on the bed at my hotel room as I wasn't anticipating needing them. The day was cloudy and dark enough and my bag was overflowing with its usual junk and I had wanted to make some space. I locked the room carefully, put the heavy brass keys into my bag and went off touristing away.

When I came back, my glasses were missing. So were a few gobs of aloe vera gel from my friend's beauty kit.

I had to go and get new glasses made now. Story of my life. Sigh.

At least I have the last laugh. I wonder what the thief will do when he finds out he can't see properly through my sunglasses because they have my power built in?

No comments: