Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Hunt

So I had these useless pair of sunglasses that I had left at home thinking I'd take them to my trusted optometrist and have them re-glassed (pun unintended). Unfortunately I couldn't for the life of me remember in which 'safe' place I had last secreted them.

So this time, when I got home, I tore my room apart (literally) - reorganised the wardrobe, looked in all the suitcases, all drawers, underneath my study table, under the bed and under the mattress for good measure. Alas, I didn't find them anywhere. I decided to start looking in the other rooms as well.

At the end of a gruelling four hours, my house was in quite a mess. I even found my Mont Blanc pen that I had kept 'safely' seven years ago. But no sunglasses. Tired, I reluctantly gave in to the conclusion that it was nowhere in this house, but my other one instead. After another hour of putting things back in their rightful places, I espied a bright yellow plastic bag sitting cozily on the mantelpiece. I quickly tore it open and lo and behold, my sunglasses popped out!!

No comments: