Thursday, June 4, 2009

On The Warpath

Normally, I am quite chicken. One day though, I had to absolutely get to the refrigerator to put some goodies into my growling tummy, when what should I see but the hugest, most hideous and decidedly nasty cockroach perched guard outside the fridge door.

I nearly fainted with fright. However, my stomach didn't quite like the thought of starving just because some despicable creature from the insect kingdom decided to stake its claim on its share of food and let out a particularly loud growl.

I hesitantly approached the cockroach with a huge weapon (left shoe with pointy toes and big heel) for my protection and started muttering soothing adjectives in the hope of budging the creature from its perch.

Alas, but to no avail! He glared at me with murder in its eye and I hastily stepped back to re-strategize. Praying feverently, I decided I should imitate Jackie Chan and land a good one on the offending roach. I creeped up slowly and raised my weapon....

SMASH!!!!!

Praise be to Allah, it worked!!

My tummy is now rather snug and happy, thank you.

No comments: